Art Controller Software Hacks
This page is part of the documentation for the Art Controller kit.
To give you just a little inspiration, here are just a few ideas of things that you can reprogram the Art Controller to do:
Trigger logic variations:
- Trigger only when the input signal stays high for a certain amount of time.
- Trigger automatically when a certain amount of time passes without otherwise being triggered.
- Trigger at (pseudo) random intervals.
- Wait for a fixed amount of time between being triggered and starting the relay cycle
- Ignore hardware triggers completely; trigger a certain amount of time after being turned on.
Delay logic variations:
- Use much shorter or longer delays.
- Activate for a (pseudo) random amount of time.
- Operate as a repeating timer, with different duty cycles.
- Work as a "pulse" driver, only turning on the relay when the input is high.
- Leave the output on for a certain number of events, not a certain amount of time. For example, three shots at a target.
Using digital inputs:
- Control the time delay with the digital inputs.
- Trigger only when a set of digital inputs (up to 13 digital inputs) meet a specific set of high and low conditions.
Using digital outputs:
- Output a clock or sync signal, even when the module isn't triggered.
- Output a sync signal with the same or opposite sign of the relay state.
- Turn on a warning LED or siren a few moments or minutes before turning on the relay.
Note 1: Please feel free to add to the list above.
Note 2: If you build alternative firmware for the Art Controller (implementing ideas listed here or otherwise), please feel free to link to it here as well.