This page is the central documentation site for the Interactive Game of Life (IGoL) Kit from Evil Mad Science.
Main details about the Game of Life Kit:
Kit assembly and usage instructions:
- The IGoL kit is an easy through-hole soldering kit. Our heavily-illustrated assembly guide walks you through the process.
Open Source Hardware documentation:
- IGoL is an open source hardware+software project. The hardware designs are licensed under the TAPR OHL.
- The IGoL kit is based on Octolively hardware.
- The circuit board design is in gEDA. Hardware design files are available on the main Octolively page.
- Octolively circuit schematic alone available here: octolively_ref.pdf
- Source code repository: Hosted at Github
- The Wikipedia article on Conway's Game of Life is an excellent general introduction to the subject.
- The Interactive Game of Life kit can be modified into an Octolively; please see here for details.
Places for questions, answers, and sharing experiences: