This page is the central documentation site for Super-Awesome Sylvia's WaterColorBot from Evil Mad Scientist.
The WaterColorBot Kit
Main details about the WaterColorBot kit:
Part I: Getting Started with WaterColorBot
For WaterColorBot kit version 2.0 (Current version; pre-assembled with aluminum carriage and winches)
- Booklet: WaterColorBot 2.0 Quick Start Guide, a 4 MB PDF Document
For WaterColorBot kit version 1.5 (wooden carriage, aluminum winches)
- Booklet: Getting Started with WaterColorBot, a 10 MB PDF Document
- The setup video (below) covers everything except the new aluminum winches.
For WaterColorBot kit version 1.0 (with wooden winches)
- Booklet: Getting Started with WaterColorBot, a 6 MB PDF Document
- Setup Video: Assembling Your WaterColorBot, about 24 minutes long.
Part II: Software for WaterColorBot
- Main article WaterColorBot Software
Places for questions, answers, and sharing experiences:
- WaterColorBot User Group Mailing list (Please sign up!)
- WaterColorBot Forum at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- WaterColorBot @ Thingiverse where you can share WaterColorBot-ready artwork.
- WaterColorBot Developer Mailing List
- EBB Commands documentation, for the EiBotBoard that powers the WaterColorBot
- wcb-ink repository at github. Source code and issue tracker for the python-based WaterColorBot Inkscape Driver.
- robopaint-rt repository at github. Source code and issue tracker for the java-based RoboPaint RT application.
- The "CNCserver" API, installed with and implemented by RoboPaint.
- WaterColorBot Reference Design - The WaterColorBot is an Open Source Hardware + Software Project.
- EBB documentation, for the EiBotBoard that powers the WaterColorBot
- The Making of the WaterColorBot at Evil Mad Scientist laboratories -- about how it's made.
Advanced topics and tips