This page is the central documentation site for the XL741 and 741SE Discrete 741 Op-Amp kits from Evil Mad Scientist.
Main details about the XL741 soldering kit
- Store page at Evil Mad Scientist.
- Announcement article for kit on the Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories blog.
- XL741 v. 2.0 Assembly Instructions (1.1 MB PDF)
Main details about the "741SE" surface-mount soldering kit
- Store page at Evil Mad Scientist
- Announcement article at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- 741SE (surface-mount kit) Assembly Instructions (3.9 MB PDF)
- Data Sheet (1.4 MB PDF)
- 741: Principles of Operation (1 MB PDF). A detailed educational guide to the 741 kit, including theory of operation and questions to investigate.
- The Wikipedia article on Operational Amplifiers is a great introduction, and has a wealth of information about 741 type op-amps.
- The Wikipedia article on Op-Amp Applications has a number of excellent example circuits.
- Introduction to the 741 at Circuits Today.
- Download the datasheet for a modern uA741 IC (PDF) from Texas Instruments.
- White paper on Understanding Operational Amplifier Specifications (PDF) from Texas Instruments.
- Original Fairchild 741 datasheet scan (PDF)
- Inside the ubiquitous 741 op amp, the circuits in silicon at Ken Shirriff's blog
- Solder paste stencil files for the 741SE Kit, PDF and gerber format
- Tube Time, Web site of Eric Schlaepfer, designer of the XL741 and 741SE circuit boards
Places for questions, answers, and sharing experiences