From Evil Mad Scientist Wiki
This page is the central documentation site for AYAB Interface from Evil Mad Scientist.
AYAB: All Yarns Are Beautiful
Main details about AYAB:
- Announcement ayab-knitting.com, the home page of the AYAB project
- Features of the AYAB project
- GitHub page of the AYAB project -- where open source hardware and software documentation are found
The AYAB Interface from Evil Mad Scientist
- Announcement article at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- Announcement article from the AYAB team
- Store page at the Evil Mad Scientist shop
- Hardware installation: How to connect the AYAB Interface to your knitting machine
Getting started with AYAB
- AYAB Step by step tutorial by Claire Williams
- AYAB Quick Start for Windows and Linux
- Software installation on Mac
- AYAB Tips and Tricks
- Learn The Lingo: Machine Knitting at Make Magazine
- SiLabs CP210x "VCP" Drivers -- required for use with most new boards. Required on Mac. Windows 8 and higher should find and install this driver automatically if you have an internet connection.
Other Resources of Interest
- AYAB Interface Arduino shield soldering kits, available through Etsy.
- Understanding the Brother Electronic Knitting Machine by Hannah Napier
- AYAB Tutorial in using paint.net software (on Windows) for image manipulation: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 (German language)
- Knit Editor software
- Identifying different models of Brother knitting machines
- Additional Links welcome!
Bug reports and feature requests
- AYAB Desktop issue tracker at GitHub
- AYAB Firmware issue tracker at GitHub
- AYAB Hardware issue tracker at GitHub
Additional resources for developers
- API reference
- The AYAB Interface PCB was designed with gEDA. We maintain a list of helpful gEDA resources.
- AYAB Hardware documentation at GitHub. (This Interface is in the "Shieldv2x" directory.)