This page is the central documentation site for AxiDraw from Evil Mad Scientist.
Important note: AxiDraw is a new product, which begins shipping in late March. This page will be filled in rapidly as software and documentation resources are uploaded over the next couple of weeks.
Main details about the AxiDraw
- Introducing Axidraw: Announcement article at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- Purchase AxiDraw at Evil Mad Scientist shop
- axidraw.com, the official site.
Getting started with AxiDraw: Essential documentation
- Quick start guide: Coming soon
- Software installation links: Coming soon
- AxiDraw quick start: Coming soon
Getting started with Inkscape:
- FLOSS Inkscape Manual, from the makers of free manuals for free software
- The unofficial manual, "Inkscape: Guide to a Vector Drawing Program"
- Inkscape Documentation, at Inkscape.org, with links to official and unofficial tutorials and manuals
- A quick guide to Inkscape, from microugly, featuring hints for Illustrator users.
Advanced topics and tips
- Framing and pen centering, tips for getting your drawings placed just right on your eggs
- The Eggbot coordinate system
- Pen choices
- What to print on
Designing for AxiDraw
- Tracing images in Inkscape
- Hershey Text Inkscape extension for drawing single-stroke text
- Some hints on optimization
- Text for Eggbot
- StippleGen stippling software
- TSP art, a technique for drawing likenesses of photographic images, based upon the Travelling Salesman Problem
- The Eggbot extensions, a detailed guide to the Eggbot extensions for Inkscape
- AxiDraw example set: Coming soon
Accessories for AxiDraw
- Making your own attachments: Coming soon
- Parallel pen attachment: Coming soon
Places for questions, answers, and sharing experiences:
- AxiDraw Forum at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- AxiDraw @ Thingiverse where you can share AxiDraw-ready SVG art-- or programs that generate art