This page is the central documentation site for AxiDraw from Evil Mad Scientist.
 Introduction to the AxiDraw
- Introducing Axidraw: Announcement article at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- Introducing Axidraw: Announcement about AxiDraw V3 at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- Purchase AxiDraw at Evil Mad Scientist shop
- axidraw.com, the official site.
 Getting started with AxiDraw: Essential documentation
Getting started with Inkscape:
- FLOSS Inkscape Manual, from the makers of free manuals for free software
- The unofficial manual, "Inkscape: Guide to a Vector Drawing Program"
- Inkscape Documentation, at Inkscape.org, with links to official and unofficial tutorials and manuals
- A quick guide to Inkscape, from microugly, featuring hints for Illustrator users.
- Inkscape for Adobe Illustrator users
- Inkscape FAQ with many answers about common questions.
 Advanced topics and tips
Typography and Handwriting-like fonts
- Hershey Text, Inkscape extension (included with Inkscape) for drawing single-stroke text. Also includes links to many handwriting-like fonts.
- Make a free font based on your handwriting at myscriptfont.com or paintfont.com
- A compendium of information about single stroke fonts
Advanced design topics
- Tracing images in Inkscape
- Some hints on optimization
- StippleGen stippling software
- TSP art, a technique for drawing likenesses of photographic images, based upon the Travelling Salesman Problem
- RapidResizer Tracer - A free online tool that can trace the centerline of drawings or signatures.
- jSignature - A tool to capture your signature as you sign it.
 For Developers
- GitHub Project, where AxiDraw software is hosted
- The "CNCserver" API, installed with and implemented by RoboPaint.
- The higher-level "RoboPaint" API, installed with and implemented by RoboPaint.
- EBB Commands documentation, for the EiBotBoard that powers the AxiDraw
 Third-party software to drive AxiDraw:
- AxiDraw-xy Python code for running AxiDraw via the cncserver API
- AxiBot - Headless control software for the AxiDraw
- AxiDrawProcessing2 - Control the AxiDraw from within Processing
- AxiDraw and Processing Example - for running AxiDraw via the cncserver API
 Support Resources
Places for questions, answers, and sharing experiences:
- Support Forum at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- AxiDraw @ Thingiverse where you can share AxiDraw-ready SVG art-- or programs that generate art
Additional support resources: