From Evil Mad Scientist Wiki
(Redirected from 741)
This page is the central documentation site for the "XL741" Discrete 741 Op-Amp kit from Evil Mad Scientist.
Main details about the XL741 kit
- Store page at Evil Mad Scientist.
- Announcement article for kit on the Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories blog.
- Kit v. 2.0 Data Sheet (1.9 MB PDF)
- Kit Assembly Instructions:
- Principles of Operation (1 MB PDF). A detailed educational guide to the 741 kit, including theory of operation and questions to investigate.
- The Wikipedia article on Operational Amplifiers is a great introduction, and has a wealth of information about 741 type op-amps.
- The Wikipedia article on Op-Amp Applications has a number of excellent example circuits.
- Introduction to the 741 at Circuits Today.
- Download the datasheet for a modern uA741 IC (PDF) from Texas Instruments.
- White paper on Understanding Operational Amplifier Specifications (PDF) from Texas Instruments.
- Original Fairchild 741 datasheet scan (PDF)
- Inside the ubiquitous 741 op amp, the circuits in silicon at Ken Shirriff's blog
- Tube Time, Web site of Eric Schlaepfer, designer of the XL741 circuit board
Places for questions, answers, and sharing experiences