This page is the central documentation site for the Bulbdial Clock kit from Evil Mad Scientist.
Main details about the Bulbdial Clock kit:
Background and details about the Bulbdial Clock:
- Original Concept at IronicSans.com
- The prototype, at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- On the design of the Bulbdial Clock, a more lengthy article at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories, with some specifics of the electrical design.
Open Source Hardware documentation for the Bulbdial Clock:
- Source code: standard firmware (updated 8/2010, 33 kB .pde file) (Designed to run in the Arduino environment, version 0023.)
- The standard source code makes use of the Arduino DateTime library, which you will need to compile it.
- An updated version of the source code, to run in the Arduino IDE version 1.0, using the newer Time.h library, is now available here.
- To set (sync) the Bulbdial time from your computer via a USB-TTL interface, use the "SetArduinoClock" Processing sketch, available here. Run this sketch with Processing.
- Also available: "Hello Bulbdial" demo code, in Arduino .pde version or "straight" avr-gcc version.
- Electrical schematics are here. (125 kB .pdf file)
- The circuit board design is in gEDA, and you can download the design files here. (200 kB .zip file)
- The standard case design is available here. (50 kB .pdf file)
- Bulbdial Bill of Materials
- Design of the macetech ChronoDot
Places for questions, answers, and sharing experiences: