This page is the central documentation site for Peggy 2 and Peggy 2LE from Evil Mad Scientist.
Peggy 2 and Peggy 2LE are code-compatible LED matrix "Pegboard" kits that can be programmed through the [Arduino] programming environment.
Main details about the kits:
- Peggy 2 introduction at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- Peggy 2 product page at evilmadscientist.com
- Peggy 2LE introduction at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- Peggy 2LE product page at evilmadscientist.com
Building Peggy 2 and 2LE:
- Assembly guide for Peggy 2, v2.31, a 10.8 MB PDF document (Trouble Viewing? Please click here.)
- Assembly guide for Peggy 2LE, v1.1, a 10.9 MB PDF document (Trouble Viewing? Please click here.)
- Note: Instructions are version specific. Please contact Evil Mad Scientist if you need a manual for a different kit version.
Programming Peggy 2 and 2LE:
- First introduction with Arduino and AVR-GCC examples
- The Peggy2 Arduino library: introduction and basic details
- Github repository where Peggy 2 code is hosted (formerly at Google Code).
- PeggyDraw a GUI application for making static signs on Peggy 2.
- PeggyDraw2 a GUI application for making animations on Peggy 2.
Technical: How the Peggy 2 works, and how to hack it:
- Circuit diagram for Peggy 2 (pdf): v. 2.3 (current version). Older versions: v. 2.1 v. 2.2
- OSHW PCB design files for Peggy 2.3
- Circuit diagram for Peggy 2LE (pdf): (current version)
- The first article on programming the Peggy 2 includes a section on how the circuit works.
- FAQ article on the technical design of the Peggy 2, and how to modify it for higher brightness
- Mounting hole diagram for Peggy 2 (pdf).
Some "hackish" Peggy 2 projects:
- Video Peggy by James Clegg. See also TWI version.
- Adding an accelerometer
- Adding a ChronoDot RTC
- Flash to Peggy 2
- Giant Peggy mods
- Another giant "off-board" Peggy (domain expired).
- 3D volumetric Peggy display
- Peggy tiling: 2x2
- 2D Ising model on the Peggy
- Hacking a Mega-Peggy
- The Peggy 2 Word Clock
Other notable Peggy 2 sketches and projects:
- Peggy2 RGB
- Multi-game sketch
- Three sketches by Geoff Harrison.
- Three sketches by Art Dahm
- Peggy project roundup at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- Socketed Peggy 2
- Peggy 2 in Heddatron
- Peggy 2 Station Clock
- Infra, a tv built from remote controls
- Senko (Flash), an interactive LED installation
Places for questions, answers, and sharing experiences: