AYAB Mac Installation
This page is documentation about how to install the AYAB software on the Mac.
(Click here to return to our main AYAB Interface documentation page.)
Note that as mentioned in the 'Getting Started' section, Mac users will need to install the SiLabs CP210x "VCP" Drivers before the AYAB software will be able to "see" the interface board.
AYAB 0.9 (Newest version)
Step 1: Download and install the SiLabs CP210x "VCP" Drivers if you have not done so.
Step 2: Download and open the AYAB 0.9 software package. Agree to the license and copy the AYAB launcher into your Applications directory.
AYAB 0.8 (Previous version)
Thanks to Christoph (@chs_sch), who built a DMG of the AYAB software v0.8. These instructions are a modified version of the instructions available here. This set of instructions has been tested on multiple computers running macOS 10.11 and 10.12.
1. Install XCode from the Mac App Store.
- On your Mac: From the menu in your menu bar, select "App Store..."
- Use the search box in the upper right corner of the App Store window to find Xcode, and then install the program.
2. Open XCode to agree to the XCode license
3. Install Homebrew, by following the directions on the front page of that site.
4. Install Qt 4.8, by typing the following line in the terminal:
brew install cartr/qt4/qt
5. Install libtiff, by typing the following line in the terminal:
brew install libtiff
6. Download the AYAB software disk image (DMG file) from here
7. Open up the DMG on your computer, and copy the “AyabMac” to your Applications folder.
8. Open the AyabMac application, from your applications folder.
- The first time that you open it, you will need to right click (or control-click) on it to bring up the contextual menu, and select "Open" from that menu.