Meggy Jr Projects
Independent Reviews of Meggy Jr RGB:
Review from JoeTech.com
Review from Das Handheldblog (German language)
Review from circumjacence.com (rehosted at archive.org)
Review from roborant.info (rehosted at archive.org)
Japanese language notes with video
Review from NScientia (No longer available.)
Review from Techlore.com (No longer available.)
General Info + Links:
General FAQ - Meggy Jr RGB FAQ with lots of good info, read first.
How to make a Meggy Cozy
MeggyCade Jr, a project to make Meggy into a tabletop arcade game.
How to connect two Meggies for dual game play
See all colors of the MeggyJr RGB display.
Lucky World – a full featured jump'n'run game. This game has 16+ levels, canons, monsters, moving platforms, hidden portals and a nice presentation with an intro and level selection screen.
Revival Studios - Developer of various Meggy Jr games
Google Code project site - This is the main repository; Many other games including:
- Ball Buster
- Fireman Fireman
- MeggyChip a game for two Meggies
Included with the Meggy Jr Library (v 1.4) (Available here):
- Attack of the Cherry Tomatoes (the built-in game)
- Revenge of the Cherry Tomatoes (the sequel)
- Froggy Jr (Frogger clone)
Alternative Driver Library for Game Development
- Minimal SRAM usage.
- Display double buffering (no flickering even for slow drawing code).
- Selectable application frame rate (15, 30, 60 or 120 FPS).
- Loop to display synchronization.
- Simple RGB color handling with Color class.
- Advanced functions like scrolling and fading and sprites.
- Comfortable button handling.
- Interrupt based sound player, with notes and effects.
- Load meter to graphically measure your loop performance or RAM usage.
The library comes with a short documentation overview and has in detail API documentation in the code. It comes with a number of examples to demonstrate most of the features. The game Lucky World demonstrates all features of this library. It is open source (GPL v2), therefor you are invited to study every detail how the game was made.
mjsim Simulator for AVR assembly code and emulator for the MeggyJr
Backup & Restore EEPROM - A simple way to save the contents of the EEPROM on your computer and load them back in later
MeggyTwit - Scrolling-text Twitter reader for Meggy Jr RGB
Included with the Meggy Jr Library (v 1.3) (Available here):
- Meggy Brite (drawing app)
- Binary Clock
- ScrollText (readerboard app)
MeggySeq: MeggySeq is a step sequencer which sends values over a serial connection to another device, such as an Arduino with a Wave Shield attached.
Meggy Synth - A simple step-based synthesizer for playing music on the speaker.
Sneggy - A snake game for Meggy Jr RGB