Ostrich Hardware reference design
The Ostrich Eggbot Kit is an open-source hardware+software project.
- Egg-Bot code is hosted at our GitHub project.
- The EiBotBoard is documented at www.schmalzhaus.com.
For the rest, you can download the Ostrich Egg-bot hardware reference design here:
The reference design includes the following files:
- Bill of materials, CSV format
- 1/4" plywood or MDF chassis design with laser engraving, Inkscape SVG
- 1/4" plywood pen-arm parts, Inkscape SVG
- 1/2" plywood parts, Inkscape SVG
- 1/4" Poplar pen-arm part, Inkscape SVG
- 0.020" delrin part, Inkscape SVG
- 0.010" acetal copolymer, Inkscape SVG
Most of the wood and plastic parts can be cut by standard laser-cutting processes, or other machine tools at your discretion. The Ostrich Egg-Bot production chassis is CNC-cut from 1/4" plywood (v1) or melamine-faced MDF (v2), that is then laser engraved to provide the markings. The 1/2" parts are cut with a CNC wood router.
The Ostrich Egg-bot was designed in Inkscape.