Ostrich Eggbot Kit
From Evil Mad Scientist Wiki
(Redirected from Ostrich EggBot Kit)
- The Ostrich Eggbot is a version of The Original Egg-Bot Kit with an extra-large chassis; there are very few differences other than size. The Ostrich EggBot kit is available as a stand-alone kit, or as an upgrade chassis for The Original Egg-Bot Kit.
- Extended introduction at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- Introduction to kit version 2.0 at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
Where to get an Ostrich EggBot:
- Product page at Evil Mad Scientist (stand-alone version)
- Product page at Evil Mad Scientist (upgrade kit version)
Getting started with your Ostrich EggBot: Essential documentation
- Part I: Assembly guide.
- Assembly guide for Ostrich EggBot v2 (Current model, White Chassis):
- Assembly guide for Ostrich EggBot v1 (Previous version, Wooden Chassis):
- Part II: Installing software (These instructions shared with The Original Egg-Bot Kit.)
- Part III: Making your first plot (These instructions shared with The Original Egg-Bot Kit.)
Much, much more on the EggBot page:
- The vast majority of the instructions and usage tips on the EggBot page are equally applicable to the Ostrich version. Once you've finished the "essential" steps above, Please move onto that page for tutorial links and a wealth of advanced tips for working with your (giant) EggBot.
Hardware Reference Design
- The Ostrich Eggbot is an open source hardware+software project. Design files are available here.
Places for questions, answers, and sharing experiences:
- Eggbot-user Mailing list (Please sign up!)
- Eggbot Forum at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories
- Eggbot Flickr Group where you can share photos of your Eggbot and your Egg-Plots
- Eggbot @ Thingiverse where you can share Eggbot-ready SVG art-- or programs that generate art